Minutes of Meeting - Tuesday 20th September
Welcome to a new school year and to our new members of Friends of Fleet School!
Events from the end of term
· Chocolate Friday
Huge success – went very well. May call in sweetie Friday next year to allow for chocolate and sweets.
· Freeze Pop Friday raised £174. We look forward to this returning in Summer 2017!
· Spring Fair made a profit of £1369.80 – thank you to all that attended and supported this great event. We improved the amount raised in 2015 by £7.
· Bags of Help (Tesco)
We now have playground markings, trim trail, a stage with mushroom seating.We are still awaiting new fencing for the environment area.
Future Fundraising and Events
· Bring and Buy Cake Stall –Friday 21st October
· Santa’s Grotto – Friday 2nd December
This year we will have a preschool colouring-in competition in the hall for those waiting.
· Christmas Party – Monday 19th December
· Digital Camera’s
Friends of School have agreed to fund a set of cameras if school look into prices.
· Christmas Fair – Saturday 3rd December
More information nearer the time
· Christmas Bingo – Wednesday 7th December
· Bags for school – next collection will be Wednesday 9th November. Look out for the bags before half term.
· Disco - Friday 25th November
· Christmas Raffles – will be carried out on Christmas play nights. A children raffle will be carried out in the lead up to Christmas.
· Cake Raffle – Tracy Gillespie to make a cake.
Parents and children can buy a ticket for £1.
The winning ticket will win the cake.
· Autumn Colouring in competition. Flier to be out soon. £1 to enter. Different pictures for different ages.
· Panto trip - Friday 15th December.
THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE MEMBERS OF THE FRIENDS OF FLEET SCHOOL FOR THEIR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION OVER THE YEAR! THEY RAISED A TOTAL OF £4380.81 FROM SEPTEMBER 2016 TO JULY 2017.
Election of Officers 2016/17
Elected Chairman – Mrs Sonia Reid
Vice-Chairman – Mrs Tracy Gillespie
Elected Secretary/Treasurer – Mrs Julie Barron
Date of Next Meeting – Tuesday 17th January – 6.30pm – ALL WELCOME