Scroll to bottom Scroll to top
Term 1 starts on Wednesday 6th September.
Home Page

Fleet Wood Lane School

Home Page

Fleet Wood Lane School

Who can help?

How will the school get more help for my child?

If your child continues to experience specific problems a specialist outside agency may be contacted and their advice sought. We have a wide range of agencies that we can ask for their advice. This may mean other professionals coming in to observe, teach or assess your child as well as completing paperwork. If we want to refer a child we do need parental consent and you will be asked to sign a consent form. Without parental permission an outside agency can not be involved with a child.


What outside agencies can school access?

  • Speech and Language Therapy Service (SALT)
  • Educational Psychologist (EP)
  • Community Paediatrician (CP)
  • The Working Together Team - Autism outreach (WTT)
  • Behaviour Outreach Support Service (BOSS)
  • Specialist Teaching Team (STT)
  • Family support worker
  • Physiotherapist
  • Child and Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
  • Occupational Therapist (OT)
  • Young Carers
  • Counsellor
  • Ethnic Minority and Traveller Education Team(EMTET)


How can I support my child?

  • Attend parents evenings and SEND meetings
  • Ask for support and guidance
  • Read the ‘This week’s learning sheet’
  • Keep informed through school letters and the school website
  • Regular homework and reading with your child
  • Attend open mornings
  • Be a listening ear to your child


How do I get a diagnosis for my child?

Pupils may receive a diagnosis if they have a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia or a medical condition. Pupils do not receive a ‘diagnosis’ of special educational needs.

If you have a concern that your child has a specific difficulty e.g. ADHD or autism the SENCo can make a referral to the community pediatrician.

If you have a concern that your child has a learning difficulty e.g. dyslexia or dyscalculia the SENCo can make a referral to a specialist teacher from the STT team. We currently buy into the STT service enabling us to arrnage assessments if needed. The STS teacher provides a report after working with the child which provides advice on how best to support the child’s needs. They can also refer a child to the visual processing clinic.  

If you have a concern that your child has a speech and language difficulty the SENCo can make a referral to the speech and language therapy service.

Referrals and diagnosis can vary in time depending on the agency involved and the child.

Growing Our Future Together

  • Kindness

    We have kind hands and kind words.

  • Respect

    We respect each other.

  • Confidence

    We develop confident learners.

  • Ambition

    We want children to reach for the stars.

  • Pride

    We take pride in our work.

  • Curiosity

    We have curious minds

6 6 4 1 0 Visitors